Email received on US hypocrisy
1. Jesus loves you and shares your hatred of homosexuals and liberals. Greed, avarice, usury, and killing in a preemptive war are no longer sins, and the poor will always be
2. The poor and the infirmed are no longer
blessed, but are shiftless, under achievers for whom social assistance ought to be curtailed.
We are compassionate conservatives.
was a good guy when Reagan armed him, a bad guy when Bush's Daddy made war on him, a good guy when Cheney did business with
him, and a bad guy when Bush had to reinforce U.S.
and British hegemony over the oil rich Middle East.
4. Trade with Cuba is wrong because that country is ran by a Communist dictator who provides
housing and medical care for all the Cubans and is loved by the masses, but trade with Pakistan, Nigeria, Uzbekistan
run by dictators with horrible human rights record and are hated by the masses, this is in our national interest.
The United States should get out of the United
Nations, that way we won’t have to repeated use our security counsel veto—which we have done more times than all
the other countries combined.
6. Better to have half our people go without
medical coverage than adopt a socialist plan, such as in Canada,
which supplies superior health care at half the cost and covers everyone. The
British NICE system sucks because it only approves treatments
that are shown to work best. The rest of the developed world must be nuts to
have socialized medicine.
7. The best way to improve military morale is to praise the troops in speeches,
while slashing veterans' benefits and combat pay. If they don’t like it,
when their stint is over, they can become a mercenary for Blackwater and receive 10 times the pay.
8. If sex education is kept out of
kept out of schools, adolescents won't have sex. Premarital sex is a sin. Just tell them don’t...
9. A good way to fight terrorism is to conquer
an Arab country with lots of oil that didn’t support terrorists, and also for us to side with Israel.
The Moslem zealots will understand.
10. How to blow a regime change: build permanent U.S. bases throughout their country, deny their newly elected government
real power, disband their military but allow them to keep their arms and explosives, take their oil revenues and park them
in the U.S., permit our contractors to import cheap labor from Pakistan and elsewhere, leave their utilities and hospitals
in shambles, and institute neoliberal (IMF) policies which have ruined their banking and manufacturing base, and caused a
sharp drop in pay.
11. Global warming and the evolution of species are junk science, but the book of Genesis’s
explanation of creation ought to be taught in science classes; besides we grow more if winters came later, and would save
on heating if they were warmer.
12. A President’s deceptive statements about a one-time foundling of his penis
by a female aid is an impeachable offense, but a President’s repeated lying to the public, Congress, and the world about
weapons of mass destruction for to justify the take over of second riches oil country, that is okay for the 'Decider'.
The Supreme Court justices believe that it does not violate the Bill of Rights for police to search without a warranty vehicles,
homes, bank records, emails, and phone conversations; for to hold people without bail even when they are not a flight risk;
for to permit U.S. attorneys to deceive grand juries by ending judicial review of the proceedings; for to permit a person
to be tried twice for the same crime if the charges are different; for military prison guards to torture our citizens, immigrants,
and visitors if they are housed in our prison in Cuba; and for employers to sample our bodily fluids for drug usage.
14. The public has a right to know about Bill’s sex life, but Dick Chaney’s
energy planning meetings with Enron and others execs none of our or Congress’ business.
15. The airwaves are
no longer a public trust, because now the right of ownership comes first, so decided the Supreme Court during Reagan’s
administration when it overturned the fair-and-balanced content requirement passed by Congress in the forties. Now 5 global
corporations own the air waves. They have an ownership right to slant the content
and deliberately lie.
16. Corporate interests come before the publics’. Thus the Decider by 'Executive Privilege' and crony appointments has undermined environmental, food safety,
product safety, and labor laws, and he has appointed industry advocates to head the departments that were set up to promote
the public’s interests.
17. The liberal-biased corporate press (so we are told repeatedly) had unendingly
criticized Bill & Hillary Clinton in the 90s, but realizes that Bush can do no major wrongs.
18. It is alright for politicians to receive
funds from the very interests whom their legislation will affect. It is also
alright for Congressmen to trade on insider information.
19. The free market system is the best of all possible,
when all the restrictions are removed. We don’t need pension plans or medical insurance that are paid for by employers,
nor should are government provide these programs. The free market thrives on
personal responsibility. Employees will work harder when they are competing with
workers in China, Mexico,
and India, therefore tariffs and unions are unnecessary. Banks and financial institutions know best how to make a profit, therefore regulations
are unnecessary. Drug companies only need to show that their medication is slightly
better than a placebo for to get FDA approval. Then they can spend billions marketing
the drug as they see fit and pass the costs on to the ill. And the current depression
is a result of government meddling with the market place. We need to have the
republican runs things again. The3 Democrats with their programs will turn the
recession into a depression.
20. Our citizens are the best in informed in the world, because they
watch Fox, MSN, and CNN news and listen to Rush Limbo. It was the liberal bias press that caused the defeat of McCain and the Republican Party.